Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Sun Lover

Today while we were sitting outside Gam was looking up at the sun with her eyes closed and said, "I am a sun worshipper!  I looooovveee the sun!"

One thing that is a struggle with Gam is food.   She is never hungry.  Luckily her appetite has started to grow a little, but it is still always a struggle to get her to eat.  So I have come up with a few tricks.  She will eat a little and then say, "Okay I think thats all I can eat."  So I will pretend to be busy with something and I will say, "Oh okay well i'm just going to leave it there for a minute while I clean up over here, that way maybe you can pick at it a little more."  She will usually end up eating more.  

Today she was eating lunch and said, "okay i'm done, that was really delicious.  I had some meat but I don't want any bun."  I left it there and told her she should at least eat all of her meat.   I ran up to Ron's to grab something, and when I came back she said she had eaten all of her meat and even the top of her bun.  She even said, "Oh yeah I ate a lot, it was really good and I feel really satisfied because I finished it all." I knew she didn't like that bun (and she doesn't eat something if she doesn't like it), so I checked the trash can and sure enough she had wrapped part of the meat and the bun in a paper towel and thrown it away.  I said, "Gam your meat is in the trash." and she said, "No, I ate it all."  So I took it out and showed her and she just laughed and said, "Well I still ate a lot, so i'm not hungry"

She is a sneaky one.

No comments:

Post a Comment