Sunday, June 16, 2013

Florence


My full name is Florence Elizabeth Gammenthaler.  I was named after Florence Nightingale.  A nurse that did alot for the nurses making it easier for the nurses, during the crimean war in the early 20's.  My husband didn't like the name of Florence so he asked if he could call me by my middle name, I didn't mind, but my mother didn't like it.  Bill was the one who started calling me Beth.  All my relatives called me Florence.  
Growing up I loved doing anything in sports, baseball, football, swimming, tennis...Tennis most of all.  Thats what I wanted to major in college, but the college my parents sent me to didn't have a P.E. program for girls so I majored in public school music.   


Favorite Participating Sport: Tennis
Favorite sport to watch: Baseball
Favorite Foods: Potatoes, I love potatoes.  Cheesecake.  I like any kind of fish, but especially Lobster.  Shrimp is my favorite.
Favorite Country Western Singer: I love Roy Clark.  He's probably not the greatest singer in the world, but I like him.  Its probably because of his sweet face.  He has a baby face and a sweet voice.  He's a southern boy.
Favorite Candy: Lemon Drops, lemon cookies, anything with lemon.  I also like black licorice. I think my favorite licorice is "good and plenty".
Favorite TV show: At the present time its "Doc Martin".  I also like watching the old westerns.
Favorite Movie: "Gone with the Wind".  I like true stories, or biographies.  Real things that really happened.

These were in a book Gam kept in college





No comments:

Post a Comment